Do you consider your team, your division, or your organization as groups that communicate effectively? Is your organization utilizing virtual collaborative tools efficiently to stay connected and engaged? Is this team-centric data telling you that your team is engaged and collaborating successfully?
With the number of virtual workplace settings increasing, are your strategies to observe behaviors and capture this type of data working for you? Either in or out of the office, many decisions are data-centric. In a virtual space there is more data available, which presents an opportunity to consider sociomapping®.
What is Sociomapping?
Sociomapping is an end-to-end facilitated experience led by a certified sociomapping guide. It addresses the topics of team communication, cooperation, and leadership and decision-making. It includes:
- development of a survey topic and questions specific to your team,
- administration of the web-based survey,
- guided review of real-time data in a 3-D heat map, and a
- detailed results overview to develop action or training plans.
From a socio-technical perspective, it is a data driven model that reveals hidden behaviors and trends in your team’s workplace communication. The analysis provides a picture, literally a 3-D drawing, of how well your team is or isn’t communicating.
You may learn that your team remains dependent on older, less advanced applications rather than new virtual collaboration tools. This kind of information is gathered through the sociomapping process. It gives you the decision-making information you need to create training or re-training programs. You can adjust change management strategies and develop individual and team performance improvement plans.
FREE case study download: Sociomapping for High Performance Team Development
Where Sociomapping is Used
Sociomapping is not just for large companies or specific industries. It is used in academia, healthcare, aerospace, and economic, social, and political science. Sociomapping delivers a 3-D rendering of how a team interacts. It notes behaviors and potential or actual hurdles. The tool does more that measure team dynamics alone. It also provides insight into the use of virtual office tools, identifies where groups seek information, and more.
Keeping individuals and teams engaged and empowered in any environment is a top priority. However, knowing if your audience is actively engaged may be a challenge. Through effective facilitation and simple questions delivered by a virtual survey, sociomapping illustrates where team strengths lie. For example:
- Team communication – identifying most and least effective relationships
- Collaboration via virtual tools – identifying if groups employ single or various solutions
Higher Performing Teams Constantly Work Towards Improving Team Communication
Through sociomapping, team and organization leaders learn how effectively or ineffectively their teams use their virtual work tools. As a result, this process helps identify coaching and training opportunities. And this solution does not have to be a one-time exercise. Recurrent use shows if team health and behaviors are improving, remaining the same, or trending elsewhere. Survey results show a communication and collaboration health picture and can contribute toward proactive team development. This results in higher performing teams, even in today’s new virtual work environment.
As a certified sociomapping partner, you can turn to MSS Business Transformation Advisory with any team challenges your organization needs to address
and we will safely guide you to your desired destination. For more information, contact us at Advisory@mssbta.com or 602-387-2100.
Explore MSSBTA’s other Service Offerings
- IT Strategic Planning. Are your technology initiatives aligned with your business objectives? MSS Business Transformation Advisory can provide tailored assessments to ensure your technology initiatives are driving expected business outcomes. We help you define your technology roadmap using best practice approaches, frameworks, and tools. Learn More
- ERP System Selection and Implementation. Have you selected the right Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System? What won’t your ERP Vendor do? Choosing an ERP System may seem like an overwhelming task for those who have never gone through the ERP System Selection process. It is a big decision your organization will be living with for the next ten or more years. MSS Business Transformation Advisory has unparalleled experience in ERP System Selection and Implementation. Learn More
- Vendor Selection. Which Vendor(s) should I choose? In today’s market there is a convergence in capabilities between technology vendors. Aligning stakeholders, gathering differentiating requirements, conducting market research, developing your RFP, scheduling demos, and evaluating vendors can be a difficult, resource-intensive, and time-consuming project. MSS Business Transformation Advisory can help you select the right vendor on an accelerated timeline. Learn More
- Enterprise Change Management. What is the impact of change on your people? Change is hard. A Digital Transformation is a huge change for any organization. We understand large technology initiatives do not typically fail for technical reasons; instead, they often fail because the “people side of change” is not managed well. MSS Business Transformation Advisory has unparalleled experience in Enterprise Change Management. Learn More
- Business Process Improvement. Are you automating good processes? A Digital Transformation is one of the best opportunities you will ever have to improve your processes and gain efficiencies by leveraging technology. MSS Business Transformation Advisory can help address any gaps in skill, knowledge, or capacity while simultaneously providing third-party perspective and insight to ensure you will design for success. Learn More
Get in Touch! Advisory@mssbta.com or 602-387-2100.